Rofl Monster - Dignity Rofl Monster - Dignity

There's a lot of timing issues from the beginning. I feel like if it should be faster too. The whole time I feel like I was waiting for the part that's just gonna kick ass. But it never came!!!! It's overall pretty good though. Try pushing yourself a little more with some more interesting rhythms. The straight eigth notes get boring.

-Summ3rtime- -Summ3rtime-

Haha so sick!!

The only comment I can make is you gotta move that bass around more! Everything else was kick ass!

{BT} Evil Always Wins {BT} Evil Always Wins

I wouldn't say victory for evildoers...

It's still good though! When I hear this I think of an evil level in a game like banjo-kazooie or mario.

BenjaminTibbetts responds:

Thanks for your thoughts. :)

Everyone Else Everyone Else

Sweet

I like the song a lot. It deserves a 10/10. But you quit the band, so you get a 9/10.

tydiggy responds:

yeh

Space People Space People

yeah

Three Years To Takeoff is broken up. Joey?

The verses are pretty good, but the chorus is not catchy enough.

Liar (What's Wrong With You) Liar (What's Wrong With You)

why do people like this?

The singers off key a lot and the instruments are boring. The chords are the same ones used over and over again in punk music. You're trying too hard to sound like The Ramones or Green Day, make something more original. Maybe add some lead guitar parts and bass lines that go off the root. Punk music has evolved past stuff like this and there's a reason for it.

It's just not a very impressive song. You guys have potential though so keep trying.

Friendzone (HQ) Friendzone (HQ)

01 Friendzone (4/5)

When I first saw the song-title I immediately thought of the movie Just Friends and about how much they overused that word, hopefully these guys don't.

The intro to this song is awesome and makes this a great song to start the EP with because it starts out with a simple clean guitar riff and suddenly turns into a fast pop-punk song with a cool guitar hook. It also really gets your attention with lyrics like "Your best apologies are always from your knees."

The verse to this song is also great because it has a really powerful melody. My favorite part of the song is in the second verse with the lyrics "Maybe I'm just too good at playing guitar" because there's a cool lead guitar part behind it. But a close second is the yelling parts that happen right before the prechorus. "Lie by fucking Lie!" "Keying his fucking car!"

But the chorus I feel doesn't really work here. It fits, but it doesn't at the same time. One reason why it doesn't is because they have 1 singer singing the whole time, then the other one comes in just for the chorus. Secondly, it honestly sounds like it's a chorus from another song that just fit this song too. Another reason is the lyrics don't match the rest of the song. The verse and prechorus has lyrics like...

Liar stealing your heart, line by line
Don't hate me for busting his windows or keying his car

Best apologies are always from your knees
So let's just do this right

Then, the chorus has lyrics like

Here on the floor. Fuck the movie. I'm just trying to score.
Stuck in the friendzone for the 4th time this week
So much for losing sleep over the games you play

The lyrics seem to be about a girl, but losing that girl to some asshole, but she never took you seriously, but she would mess things up and use sex and blowjobs to make up for it, but you're on the floor, whatever that means. The lyrics just don't seem to make up a whole song, more like 2 or 3 songs squished together. There might be some deeper meaning and it may make sense if you look very closely, but first impressions are also very important.

One thing about this song I like is how the guitarist added a little something to each part. Like the simple lead riff in the chorus and the lead guitar part in the prechorus that builds up to the chorus nicely.

Pure of Heart Pure of Heart

I really like this.

It reminds me a lot of like - A hard working farm boy realizes his potential and has saved the world, then there's the scenes where he revisits everyone he meant along the way and goes back home. In that scene, this song should be playing. It's perfect for it.

Bosa responds:

That is a good scene indeed. Thank you for sharing your own insight on this song, and please feel free to continue listening to and reviewing music on Newgrounds! Thank you!

Random Solo Blues thing Random Solo Blues thing

You're good at guitar but...

This is mostly just guitar solo techniques, like sweeps. Try adding in some melody to your playing, it'd be more enjoyable to listen to. Anyone who knows scales can solo for 4 minutes. There's no better way to say it but there's very little feeling put into this piece. The backing track was just a 12 bar blues and the solo was boring.

Even better yet, try to make an actual song. Like with a verse. chorus, ect.

FriendZone FriendZone